Dissertation is now more cheery but still poo

OK… after a load of help from the Java legend that is Dave i have managed to get my dissertation back on track.

After last nights rage and almost complete destruction of all things electrical I have discovered that my JVM will not run JDOM as there are some bits and pieces in the SAXBuilder that are not supported on JRE 1.4.2 so I will have to find the older version and see if i can get this to work. However this is currently not a major issue as I can demonstrate working code on the tablet PC’s in the new Techno Cafe.

Over the course of the last 24 hrs I have managed to get not only the initial category displayed but also got the system to change between categories and start to display words. Tomorrow will hopefully see the system start to play different sounds to the user.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *